Tuesday 26 October 2010

Filming

This evening we have filmed our new idea for the video. We have come to the conclusion that prefer the new idea to the house party idea as it is less common and a more creative idea, so therefore we are glad we changed it. We started off filming me without any makeup and recorded me singing the whole song, we decided I would just sing the song out loud instead of miming as we thought it would look so much more realistic and after a few problems with miming we decided that this would be ideal. Laura then applied my makeup whilst Jordan set up the camera ready for the next scenes. Jordan took pictures of Laura applying the makeup to show the different stages. We decided in the video my makeup would be over the top, and as we were inspired by Natasha Bedingfield's video "I Bruise Easily" as we thought her makeup was great and we liked where she removed her makeup as she was showing emotion. We then filmed myself crying and wiping off all my makeup to the music without any singing as we thought we could insert parts of both clips where I am wearing makeup and not wearing makeup. We filmed a fair bit so we can play around with it and manipulate it to how we want it too look. It was hard to make myself cry so I used water on my face to make it look as if I was crying to mirror the characters feelings. We filmed the ending, which we might change as we are not completely sure it will work yet. After watching the video back we can then identify what needs to be done and if we have done a good job. Until then everything is going smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment